[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Inspired by Indonesia’s food biodiversity, indigenous wisdom and spiritualism, JAVARA was founded by Helianti Hilman in 2008. JAVARA works across agricultural value chains from production to distribution in order to preserve such biodiversity and bring community-based, organic products to broader markets. We are proudly investing our time to scout, discover and relive the forgotten food biodiversity and traditional techniques as well as the old recipes. Working with over 50,000 farmers and 2000 food artisans, selling over 600 premium artisan food products, JAVARA is currently known as the leading social enterprise in Indonesia that works with a vast range of biodiverse community-based organic food products using ethical principles.
Prior to JAVARA, Helianti founded a number of social enterprises in Indonesia. Her signature brand, JAVARA, is one of Indonesia’s leading purveyors of artisanal products. Originally trained as a lawyer who advised the Indonesian government on intellectual property development, Helianti was also a rural economic development consultant for international development organizations. Inspired by the wealth of Indonesia’s biodiversity and the dedication of the indigenous farmers, Helianti brings her passion for community-based business and expertise in agribusiness to grow her social enterprise to the next level.
At Javara we work hand-in-hand with local indigenous farmers, food artisans and biodiversity warriors to revive and sustain the existence of our heritage. We create added-value products based on such food ingredients, build local capacity to create quality community-based artisan food products. At JAVARA, we strive to encourage, maintain and promote:
– Stories behind the products
– Branding of the product origin using local packaging materials
– Equitable trade with all supply chain partners
– Solicit safer working condition and social security insurance for farmers and food artisans
– Youth farmpreneurship and the teaching of entrepreneurial best practices to farmers[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/JYBYqMNwejY” el_width=”80″ align=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row]